Maillardville Animal Hospital provides surgical services for pets. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility and an experienced team to provide your pet with high-quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Our team of veterinarians and technicians is experienced with a range of surgeries. All of our procedures include a thorough pre-surgical physical examination by a veterinarian, surgical monitoring, and lots of care and attention throughout the day.
In addition to spaying and neutering, we also offer the following soft tissue laser surgeries:
- Soft Tissue Surgery
- Foreign Body Removal
- Laceration Repair
- Mass Removal
- And other general surgeries as needed
Why we are the best choice for your pet’s surgical need?
Many pet owners are curious about what is involved when their pet is placed under anesthesia. At Maillardville Animal Hospital, your pet’s safety and comfort are our top priority so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care.
Our procedures include the following:
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work — ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia.
- Safe Anesthesia — a very safe anesthetic gas that is also used in human pediatric medicine.
- Experienced Monitoring Support — our trained technicians use state-of-the-art anesthetic monitors to continuously monitor your pet’s pulse rate, oxygen levels, and blood pressure.
- IV Catheter Placement — fluids are given during surgery to maintain blood pressure and to help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia.
- Pain Medication — is administered prior to and after surgery to ensure your pet’s comfort.
What to do before your pet’s upcoming anesthetic procedure?
In preparation for your pet’s hospital admission, please download and read our pre-operative instructions for pets undergoing anesthesia.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss anything related to your pet’s surgery, please feel free to call in advance to speak to one of our veterinarians or technicians.